The objective of the SPORT+ project was to identify sport-based prevention practices which contribute to community building and the dissemination of messages of respect, citizenship, the fight against discrimination and racism and the prevention of all forms of violence.
– reach, through the organisation of the EU Prize for Social Inclusion through Sport, a larger audience also among those who have lower access to EU exchange programmes;
– facilitate and reinforce the exchange of practices and experiences between European Cities, not only the partner cities but more widely, Efus members interested to work on sport and prevention of crime;
– disseminate European values in terms of fight against racism, violence and discrimination in sport;
– make sure that the messages and results of the project are widely disseminated in all EU countries.
This project was co-funded by the European Commission and involved the collaboration of;
– the European Forum for Urban Security (Efus)
– the non-profit organisation Fan Coaching-Eurofan (Belgium)
– the University of Zaragoza (Spain)
– the Italian Forum for Urban Security (FISU)
– the Knowledge Centre for Sport Netherlands (Kenniscentrum Sport)
– the Higher Institute of Police Sciences and Homeland security in Portugal (Instituto Superior de Ciencas Policiais e Seguranca Interna, Portugal).